There are many top destinations in the USA to visit in December, including New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and more. Each city has its own unique holiday traditions and activities to enjoy. whether you want to see a Broadway show in New York or go ice skating in Chicago, there’s something for everyone during this festive time of year.
December is a great time to travel to the USA. The weather is cooling down, making it the perfect time to explore some of the top destinations in the country. Here are a few of our favorites:
New York City – There’s no place like New York during the holidays. The city comes alive with festive lights, holiday markets, and performances. Don’t miss a skating session at Rockefeller Center or a Broadway show.
Washington D.C. – Our nation’s capital is beautiful any time of year, but especially so during December when the monuments and government buildings are illuminated with holiday lights. Take a tour of the White House or visit one of the many museums on the National Mall. Niagara Falls – Niagara Falls is even more spectacular when it’s blanketed in snow and illuminated at night.
Bundle up and take a walk along the falls to experience their beauty up close.
Warm Places to Visit in December in the USA
When the weather outside is frightful, these 10 destinations in the United States are so delightful. From sunny Florida to snowy Colorado, you can find a variety of warm places to visit in December. So pack your bags and get ready for some fun in the sun!
Warm Places to Visit in December:
1. Miami, Florida: With an average temperature of 76 degrees Fahrenheit, Miami is the perfect place to escape the cold weather. Spend your days lounging on South Beach or exploring Wynwood Walls. And don’t forget to enjoy a mojito (or two!) while you’re there.
2. San Diego, California: If you’re looking for a warmer climate, head to San Diego where the average temperature is 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Explore Balboa Park, visit the zoo, or take a scenic drive down the Pacific Coast Highway.
3. Santa Fe, New Mexico: Santa Fe is a beautiful destination any time of year but it’s especially lovely in December when the Christmas lights are up downtown. Stroll through Canyon Road Gallery District and admire the work of local artists or hike at one of Santa Fe’s many trails. The average temperature in December is 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Tucson, Arizona: Another great option for avoiding cold weather is Tucson where temperatures hover around 60 degrees Fahrenheit during December days. Check out Sabino Canyon or take a walk through Saguaro National Park East and West – just be sure to wear sunscreen!
Best Places to Visit in December in the USA on a Budget
The holidays are a great time to get away, but if you’re on a budget it can be tough to find the perfect destination. Here are 10 of the best places to visit in December in the USA, all of which offer plenty of festive cheer without breaking the bank.
1. New York City, New York – If you’re looking for big-city excitement and holiday cheer, there’s no better place than NYC. From the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and ice skating rink to holiday markets and performances, there’s something for everyone here. Just be sure to book your hotel room well in advance – prices can skyrocket during peak season.
2. San Francisco, California – The Bay Area is magical during Christmastime, with its hills covered in twinkling lights and crisp weather perfect for cuddling up by a fire. Take a stroll along Fisherman’s Wharf to see the giant menorah or visit Ghirardelli Square for some hot chocolate (and chocolate!) from one of the world-famous shops there.
3. Chicago, Illinois – Chicago comes alive during wintertime, with its many outdoor ice rinks and festive holiday markets lining downtown streets.
Places to Visit in December in Usa With Family
If you’re looking for some festive fun with the family this December, there are plenty of great places to visit in the USA. From Christmas markets and snow-covered landscapes to Santa Claus villages and holiday light displays, here are eight great places to enjoy a festive family vacation.
1. New York City, New York No place does Christmas quite like New York City. There’s the iconic Rockefeller Center tree and ice skating rink, Fifth Avenue window shopping, Bryant Park Winter Village (with an outdoor skating rink), and so much more. Plus, if you’re there during Hanukkah (which falls on December 10-18 this year), you can enjoy additional celebrations throughout the city.
2. Chicago, Illinois Chicago also offers plenty of festive fun in December. Take a spin around the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park, go ice skating at Wrigley Field (yes, really!), see the zoo animals open presents on Christmas Eve at Lincoln Park Zoo’s Lights Before Christmas event, or take a ride on the Polar Express at Navy Pier. There are also several Holiday Markets set up around town where you can do your gift shopping while enjoying some traditional German food and drinks.
Best Places to Travel in December on a Budget
The holidays are a great time to travel, but they can also be expensive. If you’re looking to travel on a budget this December, here are some of the best places to go.
1. Mexico – With its sunny beaches and festive atmosphere, Mexico is a great place to visit in December on a budget. There are plenty of cheap hotels and activities to keep you entertained, making it one of the most affordable places to travel during the holidays.
2. Costa Rica – Another great option for those looking for an affordable beach vacation in Costa Rica. This Central American country has something for everyone, from hiking and zip-lining through the jungle to relaxing on the beach. You can find plenty of budget-friendly accommodation options throughout Costa Rica.
3. Thailand – Thailand is another popular destination that’s easy on the wallet. From Bangkok to Phuket, there are many places where you can find cheap hotels and meals. And with so much to see and do, you’ll never get bored during your stay in Thailand.
Best Places to Visit in December for Couples
The holidays are a special time of year when couples can celebrate their love. If you’re looking for the best places to visit in December for couples, look no further than these romantic destinations. From cozy mountain getaways to sunny beach escapes, there’s something for everyone.
So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable trip with your loved one.
1. Colorado: There’s nothing more festive than a winter wonderland and Colorado is the perfect place to enjoy it. Explore charming small towns, go skiing or snowboarding at world-class resorts, or just cuddle up by the fireplace with your sweetheart.
2. Hawaii: Trade in the cold weather for some sun and sand on a Hawaii vacation. Spend your days relaxing on the beach, hiking through lush rainforests, or enjoying the local cuisine. No matter how you spend your time, you’re sure to create lasting memories with your special someone.
3. New York City: The Big Apple is even more magical during the holiday’s thanks to its festive atmosphere and abundance of things to do. Ice skate in Rockefeller Center, see a Broadway show, go shopping at iconic department stores…the list goes on and on!
4. Paris: The City of Love is always a popular choice for couples looking to get away during December (or any other time of year). Stroll hand-in-hand along the Seine River, enjoy views from atop the Eiffel Tower, and sample French wines…just make sure you save some energy for dancing at one of the city’s many nightclubs!
Best Warm Places to Visit in December
When it comes to planning a winter getaway, many people automatically think of heading to a cold climate destination like the ski slopes. However, there are actually plenty of warm places to visit in December if you’re looking for an escape from the chilly weather. Here are some of the best warm places to visit in December:
1. Honolulu, Hawaii – With an average temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit in December, Honolulu is the perfect place to enjoy some sunny weather and relaxation on the beach. Don’t forget to check out Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head while you’re here!
2. San Diego, California – If you’re looking for great weather and beautiful scenery, San Diego is definitely worth a visit in December. The average temperature here is a comfortable 72 degrees Fahrenheit making it perfect for exploring all that this city has to offer including Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo.
3. Orlando, Florida – For families with kids who are out of school for winter break, Orlando is always a popular choice thanks to its many theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando. The temperatures here average around 71 degrees Fahrenheit making it pleasant for spending days outdoors enjoying everything that these parks have to offer.
4. Los Angeles, California – Like San Diego, LA enjoys nice weather in December with an average temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it ideal for doing things like visiting Hollywood Boulevard or taking a walk along Santa Monica Pier. You can also find some great shopping deals at one of LA’s many outlet malls during this time too!
Best Places to Travel in the U.S. in November And December
If you’re looking for a great travel destination in the United States during November or December, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are just a few of the best places to travel during those months: New York City – There’s always something going on in New York City, and it only gets more festive during the holidays.
If you can brave the cold weather, you’ll be rewarded with some of the best holiday shopping, lights, and decorations in the country. And don’t forget about all of the great food options available throughout the city. Los Angeles – Although it doesn’t get as cold in Los Angeles as in other parts of the country, it’s still a great place to visit during the holidays.
You can enjoy all of the attractions that this sunny city has to offer without having to worry about bundling up too much. And if you’re looking for some Hollywood-style holiday cheer, LA is definitely the place to be. Las Vegas – If you’re looking for a little bit of everything during your holiday vacation, look no further than Las Vegas.
In addition to all of the casinos and shows that Sin City is known for, you’ll also find plenty of holiday-themed activities and events taking place throughout November and December. Just be sure to pack your sunscreen since it will still be warm enough to enjoy outdoor activities during those months! Washington D.C. – Our nation’s capital is an excellent place to visit during any time of year, but it really comes alive during Thanksgiving and Christmas when all of the monuments and government buildings are decked out in their holiday finery.
Best Place to Visit in December With Family
If you’re looking for the best places to visit in December with your family, look no further! Here are our top picks:
1. New York City – There’s no place like NYC during the holidays! From the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree to Ice Skating at Bryant Park, there’s something for everyone in the Big Apple.
2. Philadelphia – Philly is a great place to visit during December because of all the holiday events going on. Make sure to check out the Holiday Lights at Love Park and see the beautiful decorations at Longwood Gardens.
3. Boston – Another great East Coast city to visit during December is Boston. You can’t miss out on seeing the massive Christmas tree at Boston Common or ice skating on Frog Pond. And don’t forget about Fenway Park’s holiday display!
4. Chicago – Chicago is another must-visit city during December because of its amazing holiday lights display. Millennium Park is a must-see, as well as checking out Navy Pier’s Winter Wonderfest. And of course, no trip to Chicago would be complete without visiting Santa at Macy’s on State Street!
5. San Francisco – If you’re looking for a West Coast city to visit with your family during December, head to San Francisco! You can’t miss seeing Union Square all decked out for the holidays and riding a cable car through Chinatown while it’s decorated for Chinese New Year (which happens in late January).
Where is the Best Trip to Take During December?
There are so many amazing places to travel to during the month of December! If you’re looking for a festive and wintery destination, then Europe is definitely the place to go. Cities like Prague and Vienna are absolutely magical during Christmastime, with their beautiful Christmas markets and twinkling lights everywhere.
If you’re looking for somewhere warm and sunny, then how about heading to Australia or New Zealand? December is actually the start of summer Down Under, so it’s the perfect time to enjoy some beach time. Or if you want to stay closer to home, there are plenty of US cities that offer great holiday experiences – think New York City with its Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and ice skating rink, or Boston with its iconic Quincy Market.
Wherever you decide to go in December, make sure you do your research beforehand so you can make the most of your trip!
Where is the Warmest Place to Go in December in the Us?
The warmest place to go in December in the United States would be Hawaii. The average temperature in Hawaii during December is about 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Other warm places to visit in December would be the southern states such as Florida, Louisiana, and Texas.
These states typically have temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the low 80s during December.
Which Us State Has the Best Weather in December?
There isn’t one US state with the best weather in December, but there are a few states that have decent weather. California, Hawaii, and Florida are all states that come to mind when thinking about good weather in December. All three of these states have an average temperature of around 70 degrees Fahrenheit in December, which is pretty mild for winter.
So if you’re looking for a warm place to spend your December vacation, these are three great options.
Where is Hot And Cheap in December?
December is a great time to travel to many destinations around the world as the weather is generally good and there are many cheap flights and hotel deals to be found. Below are some of the best places to go in December:
1. Bangkok, Thailand – The weather in Bangkok is warm and humid in December, making it a great time to visit this beautiful city. You’ll find plenty of cheap accommodation options and flights to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.
2. Bali, Indonesia – Bali is another popular destination for those looking for somewhere warm and sunny in December. It’s also easy to find cheap flights and accommodation on the island.
3. Phuket, Thailand – Like Bangkok and Bali, Phuket enjoys warm weather in December making it ideal for a beach holiday. Flights to Phuket International Airport are relatively inexpensive too.
USA Winter Vacation | Warm Winter Vacation Spots In Western USA | Travel Guide
The USA is a large country with many different climate zones. December is a great time to visit some of the warmer destinations in the southern states. Here are some of the top places to consider for your December vacation:
1. San Diego, California – With an average high temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit in December, San Diego is a great place to escape the cold weather up north. Be sure to check out Balboa Park, home to 15 museums, and Seaworld San Diego.
2. Santa Fe, New Mexico – This city is known for its Pueblo-style architecture and art scene. In December, take advantage of the cooler temperatures and go hiking or skiing in one of the nearby national forests.
3. Key West, Florida – Key West is the southernmost city in the continental USA and has an average high temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit in December. This makes it a perfect destination for those looking for some sun and warmth during the winter months.
Don’t miss out on attractions like Duval Street and The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum.